Working as an Amazon seller can be an effective, fast way to earn active or passive income. But with the vast competition, ensuring your products stand out from the hundreds of millions across the platform is essential.
Many sellers use Amazon seller tools to improve their listings, sales, and profits. For example, Helium 10 software supports sellers research Amazon trends, make profit estimates, and find keywords. But what exactly does Helium 10 do and is the right fit for your eCommerce business?
We’ve put together this Helium 10 Review to explain what Helium 10 is used for, pros and cons of the platform, pricing, and some alternative tools to consider.
Table of Contents
What is Helium 10?
Helium 10 is an all-in-one application working to help sellers grow their Amazon business. It can help you find products with high potential profitability, conduct keyword research, and manage your Amazon store.
Seller platforms like Helium 10 make it much easier to sell on Amazon. Seller apps range in capabilities, offering features that range from simple keyword generators to AI-supported listing optimization (like Sellesta.ai).
Helium 10 Review
Finding the right Amazon marketing and management software is an essential investment for any seller. It can be a game-changing time and money saver and open doors to ecommerce niches you may not have previously considered.
Helium 10 promises to empower its users through its suite of tools which they say is “everything you need to sell on Amazon.”
So is Helium 10 reliable and worth the financial commitment? This review discusses some of the strengths and weaknesses of the Helium 10 software, as well as alternatives that may be a better fit for you as you grow your ecommerce shop.
Helium 10’s strength lies in its keyword services, helping users launch, sell, and manage with minimal effort.
- Cerebro: Helium 10’s reverse ASIN lookup tool helps users by analyzing those already on for sale. ASIN stands for Amazon Standard Identification Number. It is a unique identifier assigned to products on the marketplace. You can learn from your competitors’ successes and mistakes to make sure your products are found by shoppers first.
- Magnet: This keyword research feature ranks and tracks keywords based on a basic “seed” keyword. Input one word and receive suggestions for related trending keywords to use in your listing so you can attract more shoppers.
- Index Checker: Using the Index Checker, you can find out which keywords (both front end and back end) are being indexed and used by Amazon and which are not. You can also use this feature to track the competition’s keywords.
Helium 10 offers other services as well, including a keyword spellcheck, hijacker alert, and an inventory protector.
One of Helium 10’s staple services is Adtomic, an AI-powered pay-per-click (PPC) software for maximizing Amazon advertising. This tool provides customizable, advanced optimization and automation for planning and running campaigns, as well as data analysis for understanding the impact of your PPC advertising on sales. This information can serve as documentation when you decide where to spend your funds in the future.
However, some users have found Helium 10 to be buggy, difficult to use, and inaccurate. They received slow and unhelpful responses when they sought support by contacting customer service. When they decided to end their subscription, many users found billing and credit card cancellation a hassle; some even go so far as to call it a scam.
- The Helium 10 dashboard is straightforward and easy to use
- Helium 10 plans offer many tools and services to help grow and scale an ecommerce business
- Multi-Channel Fulfillment helps sellers with multiple storefronts (like Shopify) manage their businesses
- Users report performance bugs in some of the key software tools, including Adtomic
- The basic plan offers few features, leaving users to make a sizeable financial upgrade to Platinum
- Reviewers report poor customer support and difficult-to-cancel subscription services
Helium 10 pricing is competitive. It’s more affordable than some options but definitely more expensive than others. How much you pay depends on how much you want to do with the software.
Amazon sellers will not get much from the Basic Plan. Most users are on the Platinum Plan, which offers more access to the core Helium 10 services.
- Starter: $29 per month
- Platinum: $84 per month
- Diamond: $209 per month
- Elite: $399 per month
Helium 10 also offers custom plans and pricing for users with specific business needs or goals.
Helium 10 Reviews
Helium 10 has a growing collection of reviews from their clients. On G2.com, the service has 144 reviews and a decent rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars. On Capterra, 89 users have left reviews for an average of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Let’s look at what some Helium 10 users had to say about the software performance based on their own experiences.
- “H10 has very helpful tools. But Adtomic PPC optimization is so fast, and also you can work on every keyword from Adtomic analytics.” – Verified User in Retail
- “While doing keyword research, you will get the most relevant keywords for your product but at the same time, you will get irrelevant keywords as well. You need to upgrade the plan for multiple users.” – Ketan K.
- “The Chrome extension is good, but it doesn’t work all the time. Sometimes the data provided has some glitches.” – Julian S.
- “The plug-in integrates really well with Amazon marketplaces and the data seems to be relatively reliable so far although no tools out there have the exact information from Amazon.” – Verified User in Consumer Goods
- “The company is greedy and unethical. Their cancellation process is a major pain. Do NOT give them your credit card – they will continue to take your money whether you need their service or not.” – Verified User in Retail
Best Helium10 Alternatives (Free & Paid)
How do other Amazon seller resources compare with Helium 10 prices, reviews, and features? Let’s discuss some Helium 10 alternatives.
Sellesta.ai empowers Amazon sellers working to grow and scale their businesses. With a product ASIN or listing URL, you can optimize listings, learn what your competitors are doing right and wrong, and connect with more ecommerce customers.
With the power of artificial intelligence, Sellesta.ai analyzes reviews, customer products, your current listings, and more to provide product listing suggestions that lead to more organic traffic and conversions.
- Listing Optimization: Enter an ASIN into our system, and our software will help you upgrade your listing with the top keywords and winning titles and descriptions.
- Listing Scoring: Our intelligent listing scoring service will analyze your listing and run it through a checklist to ensure it’s consistent with Amazon’s best practices. We’ll also suggest what you can add to strengthen your listing even further.
- Competitor Analysis: Sellesta.ai automatically identifies your direct and indirect competitors and tracks their BSR, prices, ranking, and listing optimization score – all in real-time.
- Review Analysis: Our AI analyzes key tags and the emotional tone of key tags to break down what customers really think about your (and your competitors’) products. You can see where customers are having issues with your product and make the necessary changes. And, you gain insights into why customers love (or don’t love) a competitor’s product, and how to adjust yours accordingly. Make your product listing stand out by addressing these concerns and emphasizing exactly what you know customers appreciate about this product type (in their own words)!
Our Basic plan with no credit card required is a great free alternative to Helium 10, but most users take advantage of our pro plan:
- Basic: Free
- Pro: $19 per month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
If you run a high-volume shop and are interested in a customizable plan, meet with a team member to learn more about our Enterprise level.
Bindwise is a software that helps Amazon sellers identify issues with their account and listings. The software is a part of Threecolts, a cloud-based software that monitors Amazon seller data. Bindwise’s monitoring tool for Amazon Sellers sends users email updates on factors impacting their listings.
- Listing hijacker and piggybacker notification: If someone has hijacked your listing to sell fraudulent products, Bindwise will notify users with an email so you can deal with them quickly.
- Listing issue alerts: If Amazon detects major issues with your listing, it will remove it from the marketplace. Bindwise monitors your listings and informs you if there are errors so you can fix them before removal.
- Negative feedback tracker: An email will immediately alert you to negative feedback, so you can connect with the buyer and resolve the issue before it impacts your sales.
Every Bindwise account starts with a 30-day free trial of the Enterprise plan. No credit card or software download needed.
- Basic Plan: $19 per month
- Pro Plan: $29 per month
- Business Plan: $49 per month
- Premium Plan: $69 per month
- Enterprise Plan: $99 per month
Sellics is a platform for optimizing Amazon advertising and ecommerce growth. Their Benchmarker product is a PPC evaluation tool that reviews monthly advertising results for key performance indicators, such as ACoS, CPC, CTR and CVR. Their ad optimization platform software lets you choose your own goals, and then they automate the rest.
- Product Analyzer: Currently in its beta phase, users can test out this feature that shares the results of key performance indicators in Amazon advertising.
- Sonar: This Amazon keyword tool is a free option to help sellers improve their search engine optimization by finding keywords for listings and tracking the keywords competitors use.
- Advertising Market Report: This report synthesizes advertising costs across platforms, shopper behavior and performance, and the changing landscape of Amazon advertising.
Sellics offers a few free features, including Sonar and some educational resources, but beyond that, users will have to be ready to pay.
- Starter: $250 per month
- Growth: $550 per month
- Pro: $550 plus a percentage of ad spend per month
4. Jungle Scout
Jungle Scout is an early Amazon seller service. The platform uses data analytics to provide product research, market intelligence, and new opportunities. Jungle Scout focuses on helping prospective sellers start their business on Amazon, but can also support current sellers.
- Keyword Scout: This tool searches for the most effective keywords to include in product listings so that shoppers can find your products.
- Opportunity Finder: Search through categories and keywords on Amazon to find products with a high potential for profitability.
- Learning resources: Jungle Scout offers users an extensive library of resources and courses, a beneficial perk if you’re just starting on Amazon.
- Basic: $29 per month
- Suite: $49 per month
- Professional: $84 per month
5. Seller Labs
Seller Labs is a tool for ecommerce entrepreneurs to grow their Amazon stores through effective advertising and key metrics. Data and metrics can be easily tracked and accessed on the Seller Labs Product Revenue Optimization (PRO) platform. But be careful – dissatisfied users report that subscriptions can be complicated to cancel and that terms and prices change with little warning.
- Keywords and rankings: Their Chrome extension tool, Scope, gathers data on keywords from Amazon as you use the site.
- Ad management: Seller Labs makes AI-optimized suggestions to help users run and track the success of targeted advertising campaigns.
- Automated notifications: Users can have emails sent to them 24/7/365, so they are aware of negative product reviews, low inventory, Amazon Buy Box percentage, and advertising spend.
Seller Labs offers monthly and annual plans to their PRO platform based on your annual third-party sales on Amazon.
- Up to $50,000: $49 per month or $39 per month (billed annually
- $50,000-$250,000: $99 per month or $79 per month (billed annually)
- $250,000-$1,000,000: $149 per month or $119 per month (billed annually)
- $1,000,000 and up: $299 per month or $239 per month (billed annually)
Choose the Best Helium10 Alternative
Helium 10 has made a name for itself over the last few years, especially for multi-channel sellers who need to integrate their storefronts. If you are prioritizing Amazon advertising instead of organic sales, Helium 10 could be a good fit.
However, if you’re looking for support to sustainably build your business through Amazon SEO and listing optimization, there are definitely (more affordable) alternatives to try. Sellesta.ai’s artificial intelligence powered platform helps you optimize your listings and drive organic traffic.
If you are looking for straightforward and easy-to-use Amazon SEO software that boosts your profitability and capabilities as an Amazon seller, Sellesta.ai is the right fit for you!