To compete in the Amazon marketplace and generate sales, sellers must stand out from the crowd. How? By using the best Amazon seller tools on the market to optimize listings, find the right keywords, and identify niches or products with a high probability of profit.
Some sellers use the AMZScout toolset to research products, discover trends, gain new product ideas, process keyword investigations, and conduct competitor analysis. But is AMZScout the right tool for your business?
This in-depth review will help determine whether AMZScout can boost your Amazon sales and reviews all the best AMZScout alternatives.
Table of Contents
How Does AMZScout Work?
Product research is one of the most important determinants of success on Amazon. AMZScout understands this and offers users the information they need to make profitable decisions.
The program works by collecting data from the listings on Amazon and sorting and analyzing it into an easy-to-search database. Instead of requiring you to scroll through Amazon for hours, AMZScout does the work for you.
Depending on their plan, users can work within the web app or download an extension to their web browser. AMZScout shows prices, ranking, number of sellers, ratings, product scores, and more. The product scores determine a product’s selling potential based on current demand, saturation, and other factors. Scores range from 1 – 10, with higher numbers equating to high-profit potential.
Ultimately, AMZScout gives you the information you need to make intelligent choices. While this is valuable, some sellers need a more robust, more affordable, or just different solution.
AMZScout offers many tools bundled within its app and the extensions, and depending on the plan you choose to purchase, you’ll receive different levels of functionality. Some free tools are available, but their two main plans are the Amazon Seller’s Bundle and the Pro Extension for Chrome.
The Amazon Seller’s Bundle gives users access to all available tools (including the Pro Extension), while the Pro Extension for Chrome offers limited functionality. If you know you’ll want access to their product database but like the idea of the extension tool, then you’ll need to choose the Amazon Seller’s Bundle.
Features & Tools
Depending on the plan selected, you access one or more of these features and tools:
- Amazon trend reports: Get monthly updates on the top categories for Amazon sellers. See which niches are profitable and figure out which items to avoid.
- Product database: Filter through millions of items on Amazon and view sales stats, performance, and history.
- Keyword research: Use reverse ASIN lookup to see which keywords help a product rank.
- Tutorials: AMZScout offers step-by-step courses and a masterclass on Amazon sales.
- Profit calculators: Evaluate wholesale sellers’ prices to determine whether an item will be profitable. Quickly see which items have high margins and determine fees for various listings.
- Product comparisons: Use quick-view tools to compare products and sellers.
- Amazon FBA fees calculator: Once you have the extension installed, you can click a product you’d like to sell and automatically get information on fees, profit per unit, net margin, and more.
- Stock Stats: This shows the inventory levels of your competitors, their sales, ratings, and how many are selling that same item
- Amazon Super URL Generator: Create direct links to your products.
- Product tracker: Check sales volume, rank, reviews, and rating history for your saved products.
- Sales estimator: To use this free tool, you’ll need to know a product’s sales rank and submit it to the AMZScout Sales Estimator page. The data is helpful but limited. To see all data, you must purchase a plan.
The main benefit of working with AMZScout is the extensive data. The company does an good job of pulling all applicable data from Amazon and making it accessible to its customers. The broad range of filters and sorting options make it easy to pull up the data you need.
Customers specifically point out how AMZScout lets them manage their competitors, locate niches, and find profitable products.
Though it’s certainly popular, AMZScout isn’t perfect. Many users report that the software can be hard to use. There can be significant ramp-up time to understanding the different features.
Some users also find AMZScout to be lacking when it comes to optimizing their own listings for Amazon SEO. Though it helps you find products to sell and research keywords, it doesn’t automatically help you craft quality listings. You’ll have to take the information and then manually determine what to change and how to change it.
If you use the Chrome extension instead of the app, AMZScout can be very slow to load data and some users even report that it caused Chrome to crash. AMZScout is particularly hard to run if you try simultaneously using other extensions on your browser.
The Amazon Seller’s Bundle has all the tools, including the Pro Extension, product research, trends, and keyword research, while the Pro Extension has limited functionality. There are also add-ons for additional charges.
- Pro Extension, also called AMZScout Product Research Lite: $279.99 billed annually, or $599.99 for lifetime access
- Amazon Seller’s Bundle: $399.99 billed annually, or $1,599.99 for lifetime access.
AMZScout Pro Extension
The AMZScout Pro Extension tool is a browser extension that allows users to collect data on an Amazon page without entering the AMZScout web app. Formerly this was only available on Google Chrome, but it’s now also accessible via Microsoft Edge and Opera.
Once you’ve installed the extension, there will be an AMZScout button next to your browser’s search bar. To use it, go to the Amazon page or product listing of the item you want to analyze, and click the button.
You’ll see the product’s sales history, the lowest seller’s price information, listing quality analyses, sourcing options, and the listing score. You’ll receive fresh data for every product you click on the Amazon site.
AMZScout Web App
The AMZScout web app contains more features than most other AMZScout tools. Unlike the extension, it works in the cloud instead of running on the Amazon web page.
The essential functions you’ll access when you log in to the app include the keyword explorer, product database, and product tracker.
While the extension provides more up-to-date information, the app offers more analysis. You can filter products based on multiple requirements or track up to 20 products simultaneously.
Best AMZScout Alternatives
AMZScout users agree that it’s helpful for accessing data on amazon products, especially when conducting research on products to sell. But, reviews are mixed when it comes to their customer service team, Pro extension, and ease of use.
So while AMZScout is a solid research tool for Amazon businesses, there is room for improvement. The following alternatives may be a better fit.
Sellesta.ai empowers Amazon sellers working to grow and scale their businesses. With a product ASIN or listing URL, you can optimize listings, learn what your competitors are doing right and wrong, and connect with more ecommerce customers.
With the power of artificial intelligence, this Amazon seller app analyzes reviews, customer products, your current listings, and more to provide product listing suggestions that lead to more organic traffic and conversions. Sellesta.ai provides the best methods for maximizing your rankings and improving conversions.
- Listing scoring: Sellesta.ai can score product listings to show you how effective the titles, images, and description are. We’ll also suggest what you can add to strengthen your listing even further.
- Listing optimization: AI-driven optimization provides helpful recommendations on keywords, titles, and bullet points. This feature makes it quick and easy to improve your rankings.
- Competitor analysis: Get all the details on your competitors. Not only does Sellesta.ai identify everyone who directly or indirectly competes with you, but you can also track their BSR, prices, ranking, and listing optimization score – all in real-time.
- Review analysis: Our AI analyzes key tags and the emotional tone of key tags to break down what customers really think about your (and your competitors’) products. You can see where customers are having issues with your product and make the necessary changes. And, you gain insights into why customers love (or don’t love) a competitor’s product, and how to adjust yours accordingly. Make your product listing stand out by addressing these concerns and emphasizing exactly what you know customers appreciate about this product type (in their own words)!
Sellesta.ai offers three pricing plans:
- Basic: Free
- Pro: $19 per month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
2. Jungle Scout
The Jungle Scout platform uses data analytics to provide product research, market intelligence, and new opportunities. Jungle Scout focuses on helping prospective sellers start their business on Amazon, but can also support current sellers.
Jungle Scout offers multiple ways to use its tools, including Chrome extensions and downloadable software. Jungle Scout is one of the more expensive platforms, but its basic plan is more affordable than AMZScout’s monthly plan.
- Product Tracker: Keep a close eye on products and see how they change over time.
- Opportunity Finder: See suggestions for the types of products you want to sell. You can analyze keywords to find profitable niches and emerging trends.
- Supplier Database: Connect to manufacturers to streamline production.
- Jungle Scout Academy: These helpful videos show you how to build an Amazon business.
Jungle Scout has three tiers depending on how much data history you want to view and how many users you want on your account.
- Basic: $29 per month
- Suite: $49 per month
- Professional: $84 per month
3. Helium 10
Helium 10 is a seller’s tool that aims to provide a single, cohesive platform for Amazon sellers. Helium 10’s services are primarily available as an app and an extension, but a limited version is provided directly through their sites.
Read our full review of Helium 10 here.
- Niche Hunter: This product research tool helps people find products to sell. They identify trending options and items in high demand.
- Listing Analyzer: Scans listings and helps determine whether or not they’re optimized. It can also offer suggestions for keywords and other listing data.
- Operations: Track your inventory, automate refunds, and perform other day-to-day tasks.
- Adtomic: Create ad campaigns through Amazon’s pay-per-click ad service.
Helium 10 has four pricing levels, with each tier providing more tools and more tracking.
- Starter: $29 per month
- Platinum: $84 per month
- Diamond: $209 per month
- Elite: $399 per month
AMZScout Review Conclusion
With its ability to provide extensive data collection, AMZScout can be a helpful tool for ecommerce sellers. However, it can be challenging to turn the data it provides into actionable insights for your Amazon product listings.
If you want a service that automates this work, try Sellesta.ai. Sellesta.ai’s AI-powered platform helps optimize your listings and drive organic traffic by scoring your listing, providing optimization suggestions, and one-click content generation.
For a straightforward and easy-to-use Amazon SEO software that boosts your profitability and capabilities, Sellesta.ai is the right fit.